After a long period of almost uniformly grim news in corporate IT, I’m getting… I wouldn’t say flooded, but… spritzed with news of solid openings for full time and contract positions.
Speaking in generalities, they’re -
- full-time IT support and dev (or combo) roles
- in financial services companies: equities and fixed income
- for people able to keep cool while hacking out shell scripts & ad hoc SQL, amid trading floor commotion
- able to deal with demanding clients of very inconsistent tech literacy without becoming Nick Burns
- at least a few years related experience
- in the $90-140k base range, varying with experience and the mix of must-have skills
If you or someone you know is the right geek for the job type, reach out and touch me appropriately for more info.